The Loran Awards and Canadian Morehead-Cain Awards applications are now available in the Student Services office. The Loran Award was formerly known as the Canadian Merit Scholarship Foundation (CMSF). Both of these awards are for students entering university in Fall 2008.
The Loran Awards program funds outstanding students to study on Canadian university campuses. They seek well-rounded students who demonstrate character, promise of leadership and strong commitment to service in the community.
In 2008 the CMSF will offer up to 112 cash awards at the following 3 levels:
• 30 Loran Awards: valued at up to $16,000 per year
• 42 Loran Finalist Awards: one-time awards valued at $3,000
• 40 Loran Provincial Awards: one-time awards valued at $2,000
The Canadian Morehead-Cain Award is offered to students who show promise of exceptional value to the community and is tenable only at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. This award is granted annually to as many as 3 students in Canada and is worth $10,500 US dollars per year, plus full tuition and fees for up to 4 years of undergraduate study, and a laptop computer.
To be eligible to apply for these awards, you must:
1. be in the graduating year of uninterrupted full-time studies in high school;
2. present 6 grade 12 U or M courses with a minimum combined average of 85%; and,
3. hold Canadian citizenship or Canadian residency status.
If you meet these criteria, and you are interested in applying for one or both of these awards, please see Ms. Parissi in the Student Services office.
Scholarships and Awards Available
Filed by Mohammed Abbas on Monday, October 1, 2007